Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bold Blue Cheetah

Before this year I could not paint my nails to any extent. I would get more polish on my finger than my nail. Then one day I decided that I wanted to be able to paint my nails so I started painting them once a week. After a few weeks I was now getting more paint on my nail than finger! Once I became good at painting my nails solid colors I tried different techniques. The technique that I'm using in this post is a really simple cheetah print.
First you start with a coat of clear to keep your nail from yellowing.

Then you paint two coats of essie mint candy apple on your nails.
After your nails dry you begin the chettah design. To make the half crescent shape use either a dotter tool or I use the rounded end of a bobby pin. I did not have a black nail polish so i used a very dark purple that almost looks black.
Finally after the crescents dry use your dotting tool or bobby pin to make one white dot in the middle of each crescent. After the white dries put one more coat of clear to finish everything off.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post and will try this super easy technique.

Like always L.O.L.,
Elizabeth (:

1 comment:

  1. You should do your newspaper technique...using my nails :) haha L.O.L.
    <3 Sharmaine

    ReplyDelete