Saturday, July 23, 2011

Merry Go Round

So while on vacation my family decided to go to this merry go round museum which was probably one of the coolest museums ever. 

Dragon (I think)
 

 
This is definatly my favorite animal there (:


not sure why this was at the museum




how they refurbish the animals
 I thought it was so cool how much time and effort the workers put into building all the animals. They put some crazy number of hours starting with blocks of basswood slowly carving away until they have an animal.

 




FUN FACT: only frog carousel animals wear clothes
  

Our tour guide said this horse was made out of both wood and metal and the wood on the inside is so rotted that if you touch the inside it crumbles

These two pictures have absolutly nothing to do with the museum but I found these nearby outside and thought they were extreamly awesome, so I just had to put these in this post (:

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.
Like always L.O.L.
Elizabeth <3

No comments:

Post a Comment