Friday, August 12, 2011

Hello blog readers. Sorry I have not posted in FOREVER. I have been crazy busy but finally I am getting some time to post. (: So anyway as some of you may know, I LOVE to sew and recently I have found a new love of repurposing old clothing. I got the idea to first start repurposing clothing while visiting my cousin this summer. While I was out visiting her I saw this book called Little Green Dresses by Tina Sparkles. If any of you like to sew and are interested in learning how to repurpose clothing I highly recommend getting this book. Anyway my first project was a simple button down skirt. What I made actually is not in the book and sadly I have not yet gotten around to creating anything from the book yet but when I get some free time it is top on my list of things to do! Anyway here is the outfit I wore with the skirt I repurposed.




Earings: Vonmaur
Shirt: Pacsun
Scarf: Charlotte Rouse
Skirt: Made by me
Socks: The Gap
Shoes: DSW

If you look in the first picture you can see that this skirt started as an old dress. I first cut off the top then took in multipe inches on the side. After that I added in a waist band. Finally I hemmed it to the length I wanted. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

Until next time L.O.L. (lots of love)
Elizabeth

1 comment: